Channel for lodging complaints
Except for the complaints against financial institutions and insurance intermediaries, any enquiries or complaints against the services rendered by our departments may be lodged in person, by phone, by mail or via other means. All the enquiries and complaints will ultimately be routed to the responsible staff of the departments concerned. Appropriate colleagues will be assigned for proper handling and follow-up.
Right of appeal
Complainants or applicants, who consider that their complaints or opinions have not been handled in a proper manner, may directly:
- Communicate with the personnel responsible for our Performance Pledge Programme via:
Tel. (853) 2852 3737
Fax. (853) 2852 3622,
- Write to the work group responsible for our Performance Pledge Programme.
We will strive to provide an immediate response. All the complaints, written or verbal, will be timely reported by the department responsible for the Performance Pledge Programme to the Board of Directors in writing. An interim reply will be provided within 10 working days upon receipt of the complaint.
- Internal supervision -The services mentioned above are contemporary and subject to periodic review. The underlying principle is to enhance the quality of our services by prescribing a clear cut service processing time to facilitate the general public.
- Public supervision -Any enquiries or complaints can be lodged with AMCM in person, by phone, mail or by other means. All the enquiries and complaints will ultimately be routed to the responsible units for proper handling and follow–up. We will strive to provide an immediate response. All the complaints, written or verbal, will be handled promptly. In any circumstances, an interim reply shall be given within 10 working days upon the receipt of the complaint.
Policy statement and guideline on complaint handling
Banking Supervision Department
- Policy statement on handling of complaints against financial institutions
- Guideline on handling of customer complaints (Circular No. 040/B/2009-DSB/AMCM)
Insurance Supervision Department
- Policy statement on the handling of complaints against insurance companies, insurance intermediaries and private pension fund management companies
- Guidelines issued to authorised insurance institutions on handling of complaints from policyholders, customers and third parties
Last revision: 2020-06-04 12:40:24